You've still got time to sign up for the Wheatland Stocker Conference August 18 at the Cherokee Strip Conference Center in Enid, OK. The 20th annual event features a Who's Who of industry leaders to discuss everything from the cattle cycle, to no-till and low-till farming, to the impact of industry transitions on the stocker business.
Speakers and topics include:
- Paul Hitch, Hitch Enterprises, Guymon, OK; Mark Gardiner, Gardiner Angus Ranch, Ashland, KS; and Jackie Moore, Joplin Regional Stockyards, Joplin, MO; all addressing "Change and the stocker business."
- Rep. Frank Lucas with a farm bill update.
- Dan Thomson, DVM, Kansas State University, "Stocker cattle health."
- Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State University, "Cattle cycle and stocker economics."
- Craig Watz, FBI Special Agent, Kansas City, MO, will discuss food safety.
- Roger Gribble, Area Agronomist, Enid, OK, "No-till, low-till and maintaining forage quality and quantity."