Calves under stress from weaning, shipping and commingling need all the help they can get to ward off additional challenges from respiratory diseases. Thankfully, the introduction of PYRAMID 3 + PRESPONSE SQ gives producers one more tool to help protect calves.
PYRAMID 3 + PRESPONSE SQ is the latest in Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.’s PYRAMID + PRESPONSE line, which features respiratory protection in a single dose. The vaccine targets key diseases without unnecessary additional stress on the immune system from additional handling. Product features include:
- Aids in the prevention of disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2
- Aids in the reduction of severity of pneumonic pasteurellosis (mannheimiosis) caused by Mannheimia haemolytica
- Protects against persistently infected (PI) calves when used subcutaneously (Sub-Q) in the cow or heifer 30–60 days pre-breeding
- Can be used in pregnant cows or calves nursing pregnant cows if cows were vaccinated with PYRAMID 5, PYRAMID 10, PYRAMID 3, PYRAMID 3 + PRESPONSE SQ, or PYRAMID 5 + PRESPONSE SQ pre-breeding
- Combined protection in a single dose.
“Calves are under enough stress as it is, between weaning, commingling and transport to the feedlot. We don’t need to add other challenges to that process, if we can help it,” says Dr. Jerry Woodruff, Professional Services Veterinarian with Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. “With the addition of PYRAMID 3 + PRESPONSE SQ, cattle producers can pick which PYRAMID + PRESPONSE combination fits their operation best and the respiratory disease challenges they face.”
For more information about PYRAMID + PRESPONSE products, contact your herd veterinarian or Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. representative.
For more information on Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. and its approach to cattle health, Prevention Works, visit www.BIVIPreventionWorks.com.
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. (St. Joseph, MO) is a subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation, based in Ridgefield, CT, and a member of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies.