All the December issue information is available at www.beef-mag.com in the "archives" section. The accompanying BEEF ID Survey, a detailed listing of companies, products and services, is available at www.beefstockerusa.org.
But if you're interested in hands-on, one-on-one training on the why, what and wherefore of EID and traceback, you'll like a new program BEEF magazine is initiating this spring called BEEF ID Academy.
A cooperative venture with Kansas State University(KSU), BEEF ID Academy is a two-day, intensive seminar planned at four times this spring and summer at the KSU ID Beef Facility located in Manhattan, KS. The workshops will teach attendees specifically about the issues surrounding automatic ID and the conversion of the captured data into usable information.
Upon completion of the courses set for June 2-3, June 14-15, July 19-20 and Aug. 2-3, participants will have learned the following:
- The current issues surrounding individual animal ID.
- The proposed standards for individual ID of animals.
- The basic components of an RFID system.
- How to select the optimum hardware.
- The principles of Statistical Process Control and apply the learned concepts to commercial software programs.