BEEF magazine has posted a new online reader poll at beefmagazine.com. You’ll find it in the center column under “BEEF Poll.” This week’s question is:
Does your operation have an Emergency Action Plan for severe weather?
• We have a comprehensive written plan that includes personal safety and property.
• We have a plan that only focuses on property
• We have a plan that only focuses on personal safety.
• We don’t have a plan; we don’t think it’s necessary.
• We haven’t ever thought about developing a plan.
For more information on developing an emergency plan, check out It's Tornado Season, Is Your Farm Ready?
Or, see these articles:
• Before And After Natural Disasters
• Fire Preparedness Tips
By the way, 120 of you weighed in on last week’s poll question: Are you planning any changes in your forage and hay program this year? Among the respondents, 16% reported that they intend to grow less hay and buy more, while 42% said they intend to grow more hay and buy less. Those planning to pasture cattle year round amounted to 18%, and 22% plan no changes from last year. Thanks for participating.