A Nebraska workshop on livestock risk protection insurance and livestock gross margin insurance offers insight to producers on how to offset the risks of changing input prices and sales prices. Workshop participants will learn the differences between insurance, futures and options, review policy provisions and underwriting rules; how to create minimum price hedges for feeder cattle, fed cattle and hogs; and hedge cattle feeding margins.
Dates, times, locations and contact numbers are:
- Feb. 15 -- 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m., Panhandle Research and Extension Center, Scottsbluff, 308-632-1480.
- Feb. 16 -- 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m., Lincoln County Extension Office, North Platte, 308-532-2683.
- Feb. 19 -- 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m., Nemaha County Fairgrounds, Auburn, 402-274-4755.
- Feb. 26 -- 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m., 4-H Building, York County Fairgrounds, York, 402-362-5508.
- March 6 -- 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m., Ag Complex, Norfolk, 402-370-4040.
The $10 registration cost includes lunch and materials. Preregistration three days prior to the event is encouraged. Continuing education credits for crop insurance agents are available.-- Joe Roybal