If you’re a BEEF Daily subscriber, you’re likely well familiar with the beef industry community that Amanda Radke has built over the past three years. Monday through Thursdays, she opines on news, events and trends affecting the U.S. beef industry and exhorts readers to tune in and get involved.
Just this week, for instance, she told the poignant story of her winding road back to her roots in the country. She also unveiled the 10 finalists in our “Cowgirls and Cattlewoman Photo Contest.” And she even dipped her toe into the celebrity news side with an intriguing posting on the beef-related antics of the unlikely trio of Khloe Kardashian, Miranda Lambert and Nina Dobrev. Reviewing all the great reader feedback that her posts generate is another great feature.
BEEF Daily is a great way to begin your morning with news and fun commentary, but you can also occasionally catch Radke in person. The South Dakota rancher regularly speaks at industry events, and here is a sprinkling of some of the engagements she has coming up.
- May 28-29 – Hosting the National Cowdog Finals in Redding, IA, which will air on RFDTV in September.
- June 11 – Speaking at South Dakota Cattlemen's Auxiliary Membership Drive in Mitchell.
- July 11 – Youth Workshop at Limousin Junior Nationals in Amarillo, TX.
- Aug. 25 – Minnesota 4-H Workshop at the Minnesota State Fair, St. Paul.
- Nov. 18 – Keynote speaker and workshop leader at Women in Agriculture Symposium, Casper, WY.
- Dec. 5 – Workshop leader at Young Farmers and Ranchers Conference, Nebraska Farm Bureau.