May is National Beef Month and the checkoff’s retail program is collaborating with retail grocery stores across the country to boost the summer grilling season.
- A Cinco de Mayo promotion with Snyder’s Of Hanover® Tortilla Chips will include in-store displays featuring an instant redeemable coupon for $2 off beef with the purchase of tortilla chips.
- In a Healthy Beef Salad promotion with partners Alberto-Culver's Mrs. Dash® and California Cheese®, 50 million coupons for savings off beef will be distributed in Sunday newspaper inserts on May 17.
- A beer and burger promotion with long-time partners Kraft®A.1.® and Anheuser-Busch® Michelob® beer will continue through June.
- The checkoff is also once again working with Sutter Home® wine to promote the Build a Better Burger® contest where contestants get to submit recipes for America’s best beef burger for a $50,000 cash prize.
- A new promotion with Hormel Food’s CHI CHI’s® and Herdez® brands started in April and continues until July 12 (CHI CHI’s® east of the Mississippi and Herdez west of the Mississippi). The promotion includes in-store displays with coupon tear pads and Instant Redeemable Coupons for $2 off beef with the purchase of salsa.