I just read a book on Coach John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach of the UCLA Bruins, detailing the seven principles that shaped his life and his success. I’ve always enjoyed reading about Wooden and his philosophies as they seem to apply to everything in life. He was a truly amazing individual. His seven principles include:
- Be true to yourself.
- Help others.
- Make each day your masterpiece,
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day by the life you live.
- Pray for guidance and counsel, and give thanks for your blessings each day.
I can’t do the seven principles justice in this short space, but I’d encourage anyone looking for a motivational and inspiring book with a really solid format for leading a more meaningful life to get the book “Coach Wooden” by Pat Williams.