Greeley Hat Works wants to know why you ranch. Win a $300 Greeley Hat Works gift certificate for telling uswhat you love about ranching.
I’m really excited to announce a new contest here at BEEF magazine. In the past, we’ve done a lot of photo contests, but we are trying something new this time around. Greeley Hat Works is offering $300 gift certificates for a quality Greeley Hat Works hat to the two winning entrants of a 300-word essay about ranch life.
The theme is “Why YOU Ranch,” and essays must include a photo. Entrants must be 16 years or older, and the deadline is March 29. Readers can vote for their favorite essay as they are posted. Thus, the sooner you enter, the better your chances are of racking up votes.
The contest is all under one roof, making it easy to see what everyone is writing and allowing other entrants to size up the competition before submitting their own essay.
Subscribe now to Cow-Calf Weekly to get the latest industry research and information in your inbox every Friday!
To get your creative juices flowing, I thought I’d begin by offering the top 10 reasons why I ranch. Obviously, the reasons are endless, but here are those that make my list:
• I get to work side-by-side with my family every single day.
• I’m able to set my own hours and be my own boss.
• I work outside and enjoy what nature has to offer.
• I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor as calves frolic in the summer pasture.
• I feel pride when I sell my bulls to commercial producers around the country.
• I will soon know the joy of raising children on a ranch.
• As a fifth-generation rancher, I get to be a part of a lasting legacy.
• I’m privileged to be among the 2% of folks who are involved in production agriculture in this country.
• I’m not strapped to a desk job, butI can blog for BEEF and live what I write about, too!
• My work attire consists of cowboy boots and blue jeans. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Again, to enter this contest, click here. I can’t wait to see what you write about “Why YOU Ranch.” Thanks to Greeley Hat Works for sponsoring this contest. Good luck to all of our participants!
You might also like: