A producer panel addressing how to manage stocker operations in the face of tighter calf supplies will highlight this year’s Beef Stocker Field Day at Kansas State University (KSU), Sept. 27.
Members of that panel include: Margaret Ann Smith of Southlex Cattle Co., Fairfield, VA; Fred Berns, a stocker operator, Peabody, KS; Jeff George, Finney County Feedyard; and Ken Woods, Frontier Farm Credit.
Other presentations include:
- Cattle & corn market outlook – Glynn Tonsor, KSU economist
- Antibiotic classes & uses for stocker operations – Jim Sears
- Byproduct utilization and growing cattle – Terry Klopfenstein, University of Nebraska professor emeritus
- Pasture weed control – Walt Fick, KSU range management
- Purchasing commodity feeds – Rodney Derstein, Tallgrass Commodities
- Why is he dead? What a necropsy can tell us – Larry Hollis, KSU beef veterinarian
You can find a brochure and on-line registration information here. Contact Lois Schreiner at KSU, 785-532-1267, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information. Registration is $25 before Sept.15, and $35 after that date.