Folks interested in trends and opportunities in the stocker business will profit by attending Kansas State University's (KSU) 2006 BEEF Stocker Field Day, Sept. 28, in Manhattan. Set for the KSU Beef Stocker Unit, the morning sessions include presentations on "The forces shaping change in the U.S. beef sector" and "The impact of added value programs on beef stocker producers," with a barbecue lunch following.
The afternoon agenda includes five breakout sessions. The topics include:
- Breakeven stocker-management strategies.
- Utilization of individual stocker info for value.
- Are stocker implants still relevant for targeted quality grade programs?
- Animal ID techonology performance -- realistic expectations.
- Variation in forage quality as it relates to stocker performance.
-- Joe Roybal