Fourth annual class of inductees into the Meat Industry Hall Of Fame is announced. Installation set for this fall in Texas.
Twelvenew members have been elected to the Meat Industry Hall Of Fame. The induction ceremony for the fourth annual class of honorees is set for Oct. 27 at the J.W. Marriott Hill Country, San Antonio, TX, in conjunction with the North American Meat Association (NAMA) Outlook Conference.
The honorees were chosen from a list of more than 60 nominees in voting last month by the trustees and living members of the hall. The nominees included industry executives, scientists, innovators and association leaders from all sectors of the livestock, meatpacking and poultry processing industries.
Among the 2012 inductees are:
- Bill Fielding, Executive positions with Cargill, Inc.; ConAgra Fresh Meat; Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, LLC and Meyer Natural Foods
- Ellard Pfaelzer, Sr, Pfaelzer Bros. and Ellard “Butch” Pfaelzer, Jr., The Bruss Co.
- Fred Usinger, President, Usinger’s Famous Sausage
- Dave Theno, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Jack in the Box and CEO, Gray Dog Partners, Inc.
- Dave Wood, CEO, Harris Ranch
- Jim Hodges, Executive Vice President, American Meat Institute; President, American Meat Institute Foundation
- Mohammad Koohmarie, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Meat Division, IEH Laboratories and Consulting Group
- Steve Krut, CEO (Retired), American Association of Meat Processors
- Alfred "Al" Kober, Retail Director, Certified Angus Beef, LLC, Meat Director, Clemens Supermarkets
- Bobby Hatoff, Chairman, Allen Brothers
- Herb Lotman, Founder, Keystone Foods
- Marvin J. Walter, Carriage House Meat & Provision Company; Ames Processed Foods Company, Inc.; Webster City Custom Meats, Inc. and W & G Marketing Company, Inc.