Voting for National Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew open from March 11-31.
Cattle rancher Dawn Martin from Beulah, ND, is one of nine finalists in the 2nd Annual Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew contest. Voting will take place through March 31 at the official contest website and one grand prize winner will be selected based on the public’s votes.
During calving season, Martin bundles up in her Carhartt gear every two hours to check on her cattle in freezing temperatures, bringing newborn calves into the barn immediately after they are born. On top of her cattle, Martin also cares for more than 900 other animals on her ranch in North Dakota.
Cintas Corporation and Carhartt launched the Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew contest in September 2012. The contest targets workers in the U.S. and Canada whose jobs require them to withstand tough conditions in cold temperatures.
These individuals were encouraged to share their stories and photos and explain why Carhartt workwear is essential to their jobs.
The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew grand prize winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the 2013 CMA Music Festival from June 6-9 in Nashville, TN.
The other eight finalists are:
- Armand Cournoyer, an electrical inspector from Lorette, MB, Canada
- James Tatem, a arborist foreman from Hooksett, NH
- Rebecca Barrett, a property management laborer from Neguanee, MI
- Amanda Smith, a water and sewer superintendent from Winterport, ME
- Paul Wright, a certified pump operator from Pineville, NC
- Dave Bensette, a mailman from Tecumseh, ON
- Canada Cynthia Gottwald, a mail carrier from Toronto, ON Canada
- Tim Ahlstrom, a framing contractor from Arvada, CO
More information about these finalists, including their entry essays and downloadable photos, can be found at http://www.cintas.com/carharttcoldcrew/vote. You
Might Also Like: