The Kansas State University (KSU) 2006 BEEF Stocker Field Day is Sept. 28 in Manhattan. Set for the KSU Beef Stocker Unit, the morning sessions include presentations on “The forces shaping change in the U.S. beef sector” and “The impact of added value programs on beef stocker producers,” with a barbecue lunch following.
The afternoon agenda includes breakout sessions that include:
- Breakeven stocker-management strategies.
- Utilizing individual stocker data.
- Relevance of stocker implants for targeted quality grade programs?
- Realistic expectations of animal ID technology performance.
- Variation in forage quality as it relates to stocker performance.
For more info, contact Lois Schreiner at 785/532-1267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.