In 2009, I have learned that...
10. Life in the real world isn't too bad.
9. Paying that first school loan bill isn't so much fun.
8. Investing in cattle is seriously expensive.
7. Investing in good cattle is definitely worth the price.
6. Raising cattle is hard work, and it comes with a new set of worries I didn't have growing up as a kid on the ranch.
5. Cattle friends are always there to offer advice and encouragement.
4. With the high price of feed, fuel and fiber, sometimes that encouragement is strongly needed.
3. Taking a risk to work as a freelance writer is one of the best decisions I ever made.
2. Having the flexibility to write from home and work on the ranch is truly my career calling.
1. Telling my life story on a blog comes with its pros and cons, but I think being open and honest makes for a great discussion.
Thanks for hanging on for the ride in the past year. I can't wait to experience 2010 with all of you. I think it's safe to bet that the new year will bring its fair share of challenges and triumphs, and I'm looking forward to sharing both of these with all of you. God Bless and Happy New Year!
Check out the final four most visited blog spots of 2009:
(#1) March 11, 2009: Spring Blizzard, Carrie Underwood and HSUS
(#2) March 10, 2009: PETA Awards Oprah, Costco Votes on Animal Rights
(#3) March 24, 2009: HSUS Plots to Vote Underwood in As ACMA Entertainer of the Year
(#4) June 22, 2009: PETA Targets South Dakota Animal Exhibitors