Let’s welcome 2013 with a recap of the best of 2012.
2013 is a big year for me. It will mark my fifth year of blogging for BEEF magazine. It’s hard to believe five years have passed by so quickly. I was a college senior when I interned with the magazine and helped develop the idea of adding a blog to the website. Five years later, our online community has grown to almost 40,000 subscribers of the BEEF Daily newsletter and about 225,000 monthly page views on beefmagazine.com. In fact, in 2012, our total page views on beefmagazine.com numbered 2.7 million, an increase of 500,000 over 2011!
It’s truly been a blessing for me to be able to blog remotely from my ranch in South Dakota. It has enabled me to have a writing career as well as actively participate in the cattle business.
I’m confident many of you celebrated 2012 in style last night, and I’m excited to start a new year with fresh ideas, big goals and dreams and realistic plans for making this online community even better in the next five years than in the first five.
As we welcome 2013 and open up our new calendars, I thought I would recap some of the most popular BEEF Daily posts of 2012. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Who Has The Best Beef Cow? Here’s One Candidate
- Filming A Holiday Beef Commercial
- Where Do Obama, Romney Stand On Ag?
- Mix Those Dreams With A Healthy Dose Of Reality
- New USDA School Lunches Lack Protein Power
- Musings While Tinning The Barn Roof
- The Value Of Growing Up In Agriculture
- Calling All Carnivores: Is Eating Meat Ethical?
- Seriously Dude, It’s Beef!
- Six Steps For Transitioning The Ranch
I hope you take a few minutes to go back and read through some of these old favorites. Which topics are you most looking forward to reading about in the new year?