BEEF Daily reader insights on the big challenges of the cattle business today:
1. The sluggish economy
2. Increased regulations from the federal government
3. Consumer confidence and education
4. HSUS and PETA
5. Estate planning and the death tax
6. Preserving the family farm
7. Competition in the global market
8. Aging ranchers and lack of young people to replace them
Once again, I will be giving away a set of cowboy-themed note cards to a randomly selected reader who answers the following question: What is the solution to any of the challenges mentioned in the list above?
To enter, simply leave your responses in the comments section below. The deadline for your entries is midnight on Sunday, as I will be announcing our winner on Monday morning. Using a random-number generator, I will select one of you to receive this fun stocking stuffer, compliments of the gang at BEEF. I'm looking forward to reading your suggested solutions to these challenges. Thanks in advance for your participation.