1. Introduction: Penton Business Media Inc. d/b/a BEEF magazine and Zoetis Animal Health ("Sponsors") are offering the Online Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrant must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of May 1, 2015 (“Entrant”). Employees of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. Start/Ends Dates: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 (the “Contest Period”).
4. How to Enter: Visit http://www.beefmagazine.com/beef-national-stocker-award-2015 and fill in required entry information. The BEEF National Stocker Award is designed to highlight the stocker sector’s necessary role within the U.S. beef industry. It aims to recognize the sector’s most effective practitioners for their efforts, while offering a platform for others to learn profitable management techniques. Nominators must fill out the electronic form and complete all fields of the entry form. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsors are the official time keepers for the Contest, of which all decisions are final. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic , including, but not limited to, bugs or malfunctions, that Entrants may encounter when submitting an entry or participating in the Contest. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. All Entries must include completed entry form. Entrants must accurately provide all required contact information. All Entries must be the fully original creations of the entrants. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, Sponsors reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that their respective entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into their Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entries that they deem, in their sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever.
5. Judging Criteria: Prize winners will be selected based on the following criteria: years involved in the business, the uniqueness or notability of their cattle stocker enterprise and its management, and the level of benefit that their management system and operational expertise offer to the U.S. beef industry and other stocker operators. The contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail by Aug. 15, 2015. The entrant selected as the winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
6. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded: Winner receives $2,000 in Zoetis Animal Health products provided by Zoetis, an October 2015 cover story in BEEF magazine, and $1,000 in expenses toward travel and lodging for the presentation in San Diego, Calif., in January 2016.
Approximate retail value of the 2015 BEEF Stocker Award is $3,000.
Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsors in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in their sole discretion, in which case, Sponsors will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Each Contest Entrant hereby irrevocably waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize, if any, and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. If applicable, prizes will only be delivered to United States addresses.
7. Entries: All entries and requests become the property of Sponsors. All entries much be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant’s consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian should they be a minor in their state of residence) to irrevocably assign to Sponsors any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Sponsors and their agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
8. Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 14 days of prize notification. If the winner cannot be contacted within 15 calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
9. Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, cancel or modify these Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
10. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsors and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsors representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE(S) THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. List of Winners/Winner’s Name. The contest winner will be profiled in a cover story in the October 2015 issue of BEEF magazine and the article will be posted at beefmagazine.com. The winner must be available for interview and photo shoot on their stocker operation at a time to be mutually agreed to by the writer and the BEEF National Stocker Award winner but prior to Sept. 1, 2015.