BeefRetail.org is a new checkoff-funded Web site designed to help retailers move more beef. A round-the-clock information resource for meat retailers, www.beefretail.org contains beef program materials and research that is quick to load and easy to navigate. The site houses marketing/merchandising programs, new product concepts, nutrition research, plus much more, for the busy retail professional.
Among the beef retail programs easily accessed on the site are:
- Display tools for "Beef Made Easy," a program that simplifies stocking the meat case for retailers and makes shopping for beef easier for consumers. Beef cuts are organized by color-coded cooking methods with corresponding point-of-sale tools to help shoppers understand exactly how to prepare each cut.
- "The Beef & Veal Ad Planner," a colorful, 80-page book that includes two CD-ROMs of both hi- and low-resolution graphics for marketing beef and veal.
- "Beef Training Camp," a new comprehensive beef at retail training program designed to educate meat department associates on all facets of beef. Created for retailers of all sizes, the program provides retailers with a competitive edge at the meat case.
- Overviews of the "Beef Value Cuts" program and "Hot Foods Deli" initiative. Recipes created and tested by the checkoff-funded Beef & Veal Culinary Center are also available for download.
- Sales data and market research to help with case management strategies and maximize profitability at the meat case.
"This site provides retailers, large and small, with the opportunity to learn more about beef programs available to them," said Randy Irion, director, retail marketing, National Cattlemen's Beef Association.