There's still time to sign up for the Wheatland Stocker Conference set for August 18 at the Cherokee Strip Conference Center in Enid, OK. The 20th annual event features a Who's Who of industry leaders to discuss everything from the cattle cycle, to no-till and low-till farming, to the impact of industry transitions on the stocker business.
Speakers and topics include:
- Paul Hitch, Hitch Enterprises, Guymon, OK, Change and the stocker business.
- Mark Gardiner, Gardiner Angus Ranch, Ashland, KS, Change and the stocker business.
- Jackie Moore, Joplin Regional Stockyards, Joplin, MO, Change and the stocker business.
- Representative Frank Lucas, farm bill legislation.
- Dan Thomson, DVM, Kansas State University, Stocker cattle health.
- Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State University, Cattle cycle and stocker economics.
- Craig Watz, FBI Special Agent, Kansas City, MO, food safety.
- Roger Gribble, Area Agronomist, Enid, OK, No-till, low-till and maintaining forage quality and quantity.