Drought and drought strategies are the focus of a series of upcoming North Dakota State University (NDSU) Extension-sponsored meetings.
On the agenda are: range/forage issues; economics, business management and taxes; livestock management (nitrates, water quality and early weaning); nutrition issues; and Farm Service Agency rules and regulations. A Q&A session will conclude the meetings, and resource material on how to handle stress during a drought also will be available.
The meetings are set for:
- July 31, 7 p.m., Hettinger Research Extension Center, Hettinger;
- Aug. 1, 9 a.m., Grant County Fair Building, Carson;
- Aug. 1, 7 p.m., Days Inn Grand Dakota Lodge, Dickinson;
- Aug. 2, 10 a.m., Center Civic Center;
- Aug. 7, 7 p.m., Zeeland City Hall;
- Aug. 8, 9 a.m., Emmons County Courthouse auditorium, Linton;
- Aug. 8, 7 p.m., Veterans Club, Steele; and
- Aug. 9, 10 a.m., 104B VoTech Center, Bismarck State College.
-- Joe Roybal