Some of the beef industry’s top genetics for muscle-growth efficiency and complementarity with British breeds will sell at auction during the 2010 National Limousin Sale, Monday, Jan. 11, in the Beef Palace Auction Arena at the National Western Complex in Denver, Colo. The sale begins at 6 p.m. and will feature 28 lots of bulls, bred and open heifers, and embryos.
American Cattle Services, KK Seedstock Consultants and R&R Marketing Co. are managing the sale on behalf of the North American Limousin Foundation (NALF).
“This year’s sale offerings represent the best attributes of today’s Limousin and Lim-Flex® genetics,” said Frank Padilla, director of member and commercial relations for NALF.
The sale will lead off with the fourth annual Corner Post Genetics Package. Schilling Limousin of Edson, Kan., has donated the headline female, Schilling’s WinningTicket. She is a Feb. 27, 2009, embryo-transfer (ET) daughter of AUTO Black Dakota 129J out of Schilling’s Senorita. Proceeds from the package will benefit the North American Limousin Junior Association (NALJA).
A sale catalog with a complete listing of the lots and their pedigrees and performance information already is available via www.nalf.org on the Web, and a printed version will be inside the January issue of the Limousin World magazine. Anyone can request a catalog by contacting Padilla at email@example.com or (303) 220-1693.
Prospective buyers will have the opportunity to preview the live lots at 2:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, in the National Western’s Stadium Arena. The “People’s Choice” balloting at that parade will help establish the sale order for auctioneers C.K. “Sonny” Booth, Miami, Okla., and Bruce Brooks, Marietta, Okla.
For more information about the sale and its offerings, contact Padilla or one of the sale managers.
A complete list of consignors follows.
• Caitlyn Ochsner, Kersey, Colo.
• Ochsner Limousin, Kersey, Colo.
• Logan Hills Limousin, West Harrison, Ind.
• Schilling Limousin, Edson, Kan.
• Massey Limousin, London, Ky.
• Pinegar Limousin, Springfield, Mo.
• KS Limousin Cattle, Java Village, N.Y.
• Edwards Land and Cattle Co., Beulaville, N.C.
• Circle L Limousin and Land Co., Burbank, Ohio
• Megan Greenawalt, Lynchburg, Ohio
• Hayhook Limousin, Lexington, Okla.
• Heart Felt Farms, Gettysburg, Pa.
• Lawrence Family Limousin, Anton, Texas
• Counsil Family Limousin, Madisonville, Texas
• The Greenbrier Cattle Co., Culpeper, Va.
• DJ Limousin, Port Orchard, Wash.